Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

In my photography 1-2 portfolio you will find many artworks that I have completed over the date of August 28, 2008 to May 7, 2009. These are the names of the artwork that you will find in my digital photography portfolio; Compositional trick #1: Rule of Thirds, Compositional trick #2: Leading Lines, Compositional trick #3: Macro, Compositional trick #4 Extreme Angles, Compositional trick #5: Cropping, Contact Sheet, Self Portrait, Adjustment Layer, Creative Me, The Scream: My Interpretation, Scary Expressions, Critique: Parke Harrison’s “Guardian”, Haunted Chavez, Social Issue, Lyrics, Artist statement from last semester, Group collaboration, Balance: Asymmetrical vs. symmetrical, Color, Frames, Effects, Alternate Program: Academic Excellence Letter, Graduation program, Surreal Practice Tutorials, Surrealism: “Lost”, Metering, Fill in flash experiment, ISO: Film speed, Shutter speed, and finally Personal Metaphor "Like a bird, wishing I could fly away".
I feel very satisfied of how my portfolio looks because I am behind on nothing, everything is up to date from the first post to the last and my portfolio is very easy to be read and it also looks nice. The assignment that I liked the best was the ISO because it showed me a technique that is a really good tool for making a face stand out more and not having any shiny faces like as if I were using regular flash. Overall I have learned many techniques in this class like how to use the macro, what a fill in flash was, and I also learned what Photoshop even is.
What I fell very successful with knowing that I can take an even better picture with a camera than before I walked into this class. I struggled more with the fact of not knowing what to write in my posts because I am not a really good thinker, but I have improved very much since the first day of school.
What I believe on how to improve in the future is making my hand more steady when taking any kind of pictures because if you take a picture with a shaky hand the picture comes out a little blurry and that is what messes the picture up. My influence is the instructions given by Ms. Cook because the way she taught the instructions or even anything, she made it really easy to understand the instructions then to find some kind of tutorial on the internet.
I’ve noticed a lot of growth in the techniques that I learned and how to use them. Like for example: when I did my first assignment I thought every picture I took was the best but I was wrong and now I learned how to take really good pictures thanks to this class. I would like to say that I believe I have done a good job for the year my portfolio is done and I am not behind on anything
.

No comments: