Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Self Portraits


For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.

The picture that I thought was most succesful was the extreme angle because it captures this mood like as if Im going some where. The thing that I would of done better or different was take alot more time and be more patient about taking the Rule of Thirds picture. Throught the whole time spent on taking these 3 pictures it was very hard because the photographer did not really understand on the mood I was looking for. Overall, I believe that i done okay on these three self portraits.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio is looking good, however your favorite picture is cracking me up right now. You may want to get rid of the excess black space under a few of your posts, let me know if you want me to show you how.